It’s been a fairly quiet day here so I took the opportunity to get some paint on the Mossie starting with a white primer coat from an automotive rattle can. Apart from providing a basecoat I needed white for the invasion stripes and national markings. Circles were cut from masking tape for the roundels and squares for the fin flash. Next the invasion stripes were masked off in 8.4mm wide strips (24 inches in 1/72);
Tamiya LP-3 Black lightened a little with white was sprayed onto the unmasked areas;
All the masking for the invasion stripes was then removed;
The stripes will be masked off prior to the final finish being applied. One thing the primer coat showed up were the gaps around the wing joints that I thought had been eradicated however primer said no so I filled the gaps with white Superfine Milliput and smoothed it out with a cotton wool bud and water;
The model will be left until the Milliput hardens then I can get on with spraying the final colours.
All in all it has been a pretty productive day as while sorting out some boxes containing unfinished models I found the Arma Hobby 1/72 Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate that was started earlier this year so while the airbrush was out I sprayed the underside with Tamiya XF-14 J.A. Grey and hopefully this will be another finished soon.
One thought on “Airfix 1/72 Mosquito B.II/VI/XVIII”
Hopefully you get these over the line before the end of the year Andy
LikeLiked by 1 person