Earlier this year I made a start on this Mosquito primarily as a trip down memory lane but also with a view to improving the model, unfortunately it got shelved due to the amount of review kits I had to build.
With a couple of those review kits now done and wanting to kill a couple of hours until bedtime, I got the model out of the box to see where I had got up to. The answer to that question was ‘not very far’ as all I had done was to remove a couple of panel lines on the wings. With that I rescribed the panel lines around the engine nacelles and inner wing plus I removed the oversize rivets around the nacelles too;
once the lines had been rescribed, rivets removed and sanded the raised panel lines flush, liquid glue was run around the rescribed panel lines to remove the swarf.
I know there are far better kits of the Mossie available such as those from Tamiya and Hasegawa but I remember really enjoying building this kit as a kid so it will be yet another trip down memory lane, especially in my fiftieth year of model making. This project will be done in between everything else I have on the go so updates will be fairly sporadic.