I glued the wings on the other day and probably due to my ‘stellar’ modelling skills, I was left with gaps either side at the wing roots. To avoid destroying the surface detail, I used AK grey putty (which is acrylic) to fill the gaps then cleaned them up with IPA.
When that was done it was just a small matter of attaching the final pieces and get it ready for painting. I actually attached the underside fairing (part A10) to the undercarriage to make painting and masking easier, I’ll also leave the engine bulkhead off until after painting too.
The tail wheel has a sink mark on one side so this was filled with superglue and will be cleaned up later tonight, I also need to mask the windscreen and canopy then I can fix the windscreen to the fuselage. If you are doing the all-over yellow version, the reference pictures on Arma Hobby’s website show the wing gun ports are actually blanked off so I used short lengths of heat-stretched sprue to fill the gun ports, these will then be sanded down tomorrow.
It’s been quite an enjoyable build considering the small scale, the level of detail and the finesse of the surface panel lines is pretty impressive for a 1/72 kit too.