After much test fitting, grinding and some minor repairs, I’ve managed to fit the scratchbuilt cabin into the SP Designs hull;
I had to get the Dremel out again as the SP Designs hull features some angles and blocks that needed removing before the cabin would sit properly;
I also seperated the sides of the cabin from the rear bulkhead so that I could trim them to fit better. The wiring was reattached to where it all was originally, a new piece of styrene was cut for the right side of the cabin where I went too wild with the Dremel and ended up with a hole and the left side was filled where I did the same.
On the whole I’m pretty pleased with the outcome as I’ve saved all my work, all I need to do now is make the instrument panel for the left side, make some seats and the steering mechanism and that will be the interior done more or less. I still need to get a couple of projects for The Modelling News off the bench first and then maybe restart this project but my curiosity about how I was going to do this is now satisfied.
One thought on “Trumpeter 1/35 SA-6 ‘Gainful’”
I’m so glad you were able to save it! It’s beautiful! Really great work!
LikeLiked by 1 person