Even though I have the Italeri T-34/85 and ICM O-2A still on the bench I’ve been giving some thought about how to get the scratchbuilt interior out of the Trumpeter hull without destroying it or having to redo it all. Eventually I decided to chop the Trumpeter hull;
Then, using a grinding attachment on a dremel drill I carefully ground away the plastic of the Trumpeter hull;
After an hour or so I ended up with the interior freed from the Trumpeter hull and with minimal damage, just a couple of holes where I accidentally went through the sides;
I cut the floor away from the sides as the interior is still a bit too wide for the SP Designs hull, even after immersing it in hot water to push the hull sides out so I will need to separate the interior sides from the back wall and trim that to fit.
At most I will maybe have to replace some wiring but I’m pretty pleased to have been able to remove the bulk of the interior without destroying it. All I have to do now is vacuum the bench to get rid of the pile of plastic waste.