I’ve just made a start on the O-2 as this will be a build review for The Modelling News. So far I have the main cockpit bits together and they just need painting. First I will add the ballistic padded material that is seen on interior pics of the O-2A and for this I will scribe 2mm square blocks onto 0.10 thou plastic sheet and glue it to the cockpit sides. I did a test piece using the spare fuselage side that is in the kit and to me it looks good enough;
I’ll do the same for the interior before painting it plus it will hide the pin marks. Here’s where I’m up to at the moment;
Also during yesterday I sprayed some areas of the Thunderbirds Mole and the interior of the Italeri 1/72 T-55A with Tamiya black but from their new lacquer range. I have to say it went on really nicely so I may invest in some more colours.