Just to try and get my mind focussed on modelling again I’ve decided to start decalling the F-104G.
I’m using the Astra decals (an off-shoot of Daco) and they are going on very nicely, unlike the HaHen ones on the Revell 1/72 Dornier Do28 which were not stellar.
So far I have put the main markings on and made a start on the VERY comprehensive stencilling, as to whether I will put every single decal on I haven’t decided but so far I’m doing sections at a time and perversely it has been rather enjoyable. The decals are very nicely printed and they are bedding down well with Microsol decal solution. Although they are thin they are not difficult to apply as some decals I have used previously have put up a real fight just to get them off the backing sheet and onto the model without them curling up into a ball.
There are something like 400 stencils to apply so this will be a long job especially as I return to work this week but at least I’m doing something modelling-wise.