I spent a few hours on this today trying to make some progress on it. Having glued the new resin engine fronts onto the nacelles last weekend I sanded down the filler that was needed and removed what little detail there was.
The ribbing on the cowlings was replaced with heat-stretched sprue plus various shapes scribed into the rather featureless surfaces, the nacelles were then glued to the fuselage;
When the nacelles had set they were filled and will be cleaned up later this week;
Another area that required attention was the landing light on the starboard leading edge of the wing as there is none in the kit. For this I cut out a section of the leading edge, lined it with thin styrene sheet and when set sanded it to shape, it was then painted a medium grey.
For the light I cut out a section from a clear plastic toothbrush to shape, drilled into the back and dropped some Vallejo Chrome paint into it to represent the bulb then superglued it into place. When set it will be sanded to shape and polished.
For such a little model the amount of work needed to bring it up to a reasonable standard is a lot but as it is the ONLY Dornier 28 available in this scale (to my knowledge anyway) you can’t escape it. Still it is quite an enjoyable process figuring out how to improve it and does exercise those scratchbuilding skills.