While in between projects like the Model T Ambulance I finished off an engine front for the Dornier Do28. Although Matchbox (who moulded this kit originally back in the 70’s) made a fair attempt of the engine front for the time, unfortunately they got it 180 degrees out. Also the bottom lip of the front is too narrow so having cleared the moulded detail out last month, I added new detail;
I also added some ribbing to the sides of the engine cowlings using heat-stretched sprue and glued the resin air intakes on. I’ll make a mould of the reworked engine front and cast a couple in resin.
The fit of parts has been pretty bad so far and all joints have required filling and sanding as well as the sink marks on the fuselage, however this is only to be expected on elderly mouldings and there will be some more to come, especially when fitting the windscreen which should be ‘fun’.