I got the decals on the two-seater this evening and they went on very well with no issues considering the age of the two Microscale sheets I used;
As you can see it actually took decals from four sheets to finally get this particular aircraft, the Microscale sheets provided the numbers and stencils, the Airdoc sheet had the Oklahoma ANG markings I needed and the air refuelling receptacle markings came from the Xtradecal sheet.
I’m quite pleased as it has been a particular aircraft I’ve wanted to do ever since I saw it in Scale Models magazine 35 years ago;
There were A-7 decal sheets around at the time but the Oklahoma ANG markings only became available until a couple of years ago when Airdoc covered ANG A-7’s, that’s why the A-7K I converted from a Fujimi kit years ago featured markings from the Virginia ANG instead as Microscale featured that particular aircraft (Elvira) on a decal sheet.
Tomorrow I’m hoping to get decals on the Fujimi A-7D and again it’s another particular airframe I’ve wanted to do for a long time, I’ve even had the decal sheet in stock for years but just never got around to building the kit.