Rather than have separate posts I’ll combine both kits into the same post as work is progressing in tandem on them.
The wings have been glued into place on both aircraft and surprisingly the Fujimi kit had the better fit whereas the Hobbyboss one needed some filling. I’ve deflected the rear elevators up as most photo’s of A-7’s seem to show this is the case when parked. Simple to do on the Hobbyboss kit as the locating pins are round, the Fujimi ones have rectangular blocks and needed the holes in the fuselage cutting at an angle to depict them in the up position.
After looking at reference pics there are three exhaust outlets in the rear starboard fuselage that need adding to both models so this was done using 2mm diameter rod for two of them and 1mm rod for the other by the tail hook and drilling corresponding holes in the fuselage. The pipe further up the fuselage will be sanded flush while the lower two are slightly proud of the fuselage;
Another thing missing from the Fujimi A-7 and half-arsedly done on the Hobbyboss kit is the AN/ARN58A ILS marker beacon located underneath the rear fuselage between the rear undercarriage doors. Using the dimensions of the Hobbyboss beacon I made one from thick styrene sheet (0.60) as you can see in the picture. As I have a few A-7’s in the stash I’m going to make a mould of it and cast some in resin as I ordered a resin casting set today, once done I can replace the one on the Hobbyboss kit.