After a cup of tea and a think about what to do next with the Sea Fury I thought about spraying the model with Mr Color Levelling Thinner to see if that would smooth it out before choosing the nuclear option of Mr Muscle oven cleaner.
In the end I started sanding the rough areas with 600 grade wet-and-dry paper and luckily it has worked and smoothed out the paint. The model will then get a wash down to get rid of the paint dust and be totally resprayed however THIS time I’ll be using Tamiya instead of Mr Hobby.
Like I said in the previous post I do not blame Mr Hobby paint but I just haven’t got the time to wait for each colour to cure for a couple of days before I can do anything with a model.
It’s very frustrating for me as I really want to move on with this model but at least I didn’t have to go back to bare plastic and the Tamiya paint is more bullet proof so will handle the masking tape better.
Speaking of which I need to look at the Hobbyboss ZBD-05 that I also used Mr Hobby paint on as I suspect the issues I had with the Sea Fury will affect that model. If so that project may be shelved or end up going to landfill after all.