After salvaging the upper wing of the Airfix Tiger Moth and respraying it I’m now waiting for another decal sheet to show up, meantime just for shits and giggles I started a Bronco 1/35 kit of an Italian CV3/33 that I bought about three weeks ago.
I quite liked the look of it and when I got it I was surprised by the amount of interior detail included so this weekend has been spent putting it together.
It’s a typical Bronco kit as it features some tiny details such as spark plugs for the engine and multipart assemblies however it is going together very nicely so far. I found some pictures on the net of a museum example so I’ve been using them to add a bit of extra detail such as leads for the spark plugs and some internal wiring but that’s about it.
I’m actually getting near to painting the interior although rather unhelpfully Bronco do not give any clues to the colours so after a bit of searching I’ve decided it will have an off white interior, primer red floor and engine bay, transmission in silver and engine and gearbox in gun metal.
The gun mantlet was a bit of a sloppy fit and you could see into the interior so to give it a rougher finish and to hide the gaps it got a coat of Mr. Surfacer 500.
So far this has been very enjoyable even with all the fiddly bits.