The masking tape finally came off the model today and although it needs touching up in a couple of places I’m quite pleased with it;
I photocopied the painting instructions and adjusted the size (it was 88% I think) to match the models dimensions. Masking tape was laid onto a sheet of styrene and the print out laid out on top then using a scalpel I cut around the camouflage pattern, making sure I had cut through the tape.
This worked more or less for the wings but near-as-dammit worked for the fuselage. After touching up the areas needed I’ll get a coat of gloss varnish on it ready for the decalling.