The model has been filled where needed, sanded down, cleaned up and has just been sprayed with primer. Unfortunately while shaking the can of Games Workshop white I managed to break the nozzle off completely which rendered the can unusable so I’ve had to use Halfords white primer instead.
I’ve always had reservations about using this stuff over surfaces that have been previously painted but I decided to give it a go and as I suspected it’s started to affect the paint underneath;
It’s highly likely that this model will be heading for landfill as it’s becoming obvious that no matter what I do it will be a waste of time and materials. Shame really as there was a lot of work put into the model but there ya go…you can’t win ’em all.