I had a good session at the bench last night until 4.00am and I’ve finally managed to stick the fuselage together, also the underwing pylons received some TLC with extra bits added;
The styrene rods sticking out of the bottom of the pylons will match up to holes drilled into the refuelling buddy pod on the port side and the fuel tank on the starboard. The kit does’nt have any fuel tanks so initially I stole one from a Tamiya Skyraider with a view to putting two extra fins on the rear however after a search online a Polish company (www.attacksquadron.pl) produce the Douglas 300 gallon tank with a choice of fins so hopefully one will be on it’s way soon. (Factoid; the Douglas tank could be fitted with a variety of rear sections to suit different aircraft and could be found on the A-1 Skyraider, A-4 Skyhawk, A-7 Corsair, A-6 Intruder, EA-6B Prowler, S-3 Viking and AV-8B Harrier).
The engine pods have been glued together and cleaned up and for these I’ll be attempting to make intake covers, probably from thinly rolled out Milliput. When I started this kit a while back I separated the elevators from the tail plane and built up the leading edges but that’s as far as they got so last night I fixed them in a lowered position as originally planned.
Still some way to go but at least I feel I’m progressing with it at last.