I’ve finally got the thing built all bar a couple of pieces that need sticking on so here’s a couple of pics to show the model before painting;
The crew figure is by TANK and although I wanted the three figures in the set on my model this one is the only one that would fit (it still needs some work to make it fit properly), the head of the driver got in the way of the turret traverse so I glued the hatch shut. Bugger!
Fitting the wheels is something you can leave until last except for the drive sprockets as the side skirts get in the way. I JUST managed to get them on but they will stay there during painting now;
The fit of the smoke discharger unit on the right side of the turret is not clear so here’s a pic where they should go;
I replaced the styrene snorkel tube on the back of the turret stowage bin with 5mm brass tube and added a weld bead from stretched sprue. I also added weld beads around the stowage boxes as they are quite prominent in photo’s of the actual vehicle;
The next step is to give it a REALLY good wash as it’s been sat around on a shelf for months then a coat of primer then hopefully get it painted and finished this year :o)